THE BITCOIN FOUNDATION
TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP
Effective Date: November 8, 2016
Thank you for your interest in joining the Bitcoin Foundation, a non-profit corporation whose mission is to coordinate the efforts of all members of the Bitcoin community, to help create awareness of the benefits of Bitcoin, and to educate technologists, regulators, the media, and members of the global community on how to use Bitcoin and its related technology requirements. Membership in the Foundation is available to all those who believe in our philosophy as described in our Manifesto.
Membership in the Foundation includes the following benefits:
- The opportunity to help change the world;
- The opportunity to help fund activities that further the mission of the Foundation;
- Access to members-only Slack channel and monthly email newsletter;
- Access to members-only monthly financial and operational reports; and
- Members are also invited to participate in our annual program and event planning process.
- Membership Dues. Membership dues are $10.00 per month, payable via automatic debit. You may cancel your membership at any time. Membership dues are not tax deductible for individuals at this time.
Member Code of Conduct.
Members are required to abide by the following Code of Conduct at all times:
(a) Members are to treat one another with dignity and respect.
(b) Members may not use the Bitcoin website forum, Slack channel, or social media channels to transmit messages or to post any images or written content that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful, degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability or other classification or otherwise objectionable in any way;
(c) Members may not harm, threaten, or otherwise harass any other member;
(d) Members may not use the Bitcoin website forum, Slack channel, or social media channels to display any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials, including (but not limited to) links to third party websites;
(e) Members may not use the Bitcoin website forum, Slack channel, or social media channels in a manner that violates the personal privacy rights of others, including but not limited to revealing personal or private information about others without their permission; or
Note that the Bitcoin Foundation Website Terms of Service are incorporated into these terms by this reference.