Bitcoin Foundation
Francis Pouliot

Industry Candidate: Gerald Cotten (Quadriga CX)

Candidate Name: Gerald Cotten

Company Name: Quadriga CX

Running for: Industry seat

Statement of Qualifications:

Gerald Cotten is the founder of Quadriga CX, one of Canada's top Bitcoin Exchanges. Since the launch of Quadriga CX in December 2013, Gerald's company has quickly grown to become the most convenient way to buy, sell and trade Bitcoins in Canada.

Qualifications:

- Graduate of the Schulich School of Business at York University

- Director of the Bitcoin Co-op

- Extensive experience in the digital currency industry, having worked with numerous payment processors from around the world.

- Experience in the finance industry, with a focus on international banking.

- Bilingual: English & French

Thank you for the introduction Francis.

If anyone has any questions regarding my role in the Bitcoin industry, please reply to this thread, or contact me via PM. Furthermore, I can be contacted directly by e-mail at [email protected]

I will be at the upcoming Amsterdam conference and am looking forward to meeting everyone in person.

Gerald Cotten

The Bitcoin Co-op is a large group of Bitcoin enthusiasts based in Vancouver. I am one of the directors/organizers of the Bitcoin Co-op, and regularly host Co-op events in the Quadriga CX office.

The Bitcoin Co-op was the first major organized group of Bitcoin enthusiasts in Canada, and is best known for introducing Coinos, the Bitcoin Co-op point of sale system. By creating a simple open source point of sale system, prior to the introduction of alternative commercial options, the co-op was able to put Vancouver on the map as Canada's leader in Bitcoin adoption. The Co-op also focuses on a number of other key activities, including education and hosting bitcoin related events.

Looking forward to meeting you in Amsterdam.

David R Allen    318

I know this will be a hard decision for the few voting in this runoff, but it is important to understand what motivates each of you to represent all of Canada, and how you might address the concerns on this side of the Rockies. How will you keep BC engaged?

I have hosted, attended, and spoken at dozens of events with the Bitcoin Co-op, the Bitcoin Vancouver MeetUp group and Bitcoin Decentral in Vancouver. In my capacity as Director of the Bitcoin Co-op, I have organized numerous events, assisted with Vancouver merchant adoption of Bitcoin, and provided numerous educational services. We also work very closely with the Simon Fraser University Bitcoin Club.

As the founder and CEO of the QuadrigaCX Bitcoin exchange, I spend most of my time at our offices in downtown Vancouver. The west coast will be well represented.