Bitcoin Foundation
llew@bitcoinfoundation.org

Important Bitcoin Foundation Forum announcement

An important announcement for all Bitcoin Foundation Forum participants. 

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Llew Claasen and I was appointed as the Foundation's Executive Director in July 2016. 

The Foundation's mission is to coordinate the efforts of the members of the Bitcoin community, helping to create awareness of the benefits of Bitcoin, how to use it and its related technology requirements, for technologists, regulators, the media and everyone else globally. We have re-defined our Manifesto to align with our mission and launched a new website and member process in March 2017. 

The Bitcoin Foundation Forum served a great purpose in the past and earlier stages of Bitcoin, it provided a safe place to share information and debate views. As Bitcoin adoption has increased and garnered the attention of more people and governments globally, the conversation and debate have broadened and moved to more open and public forums like Bitcoin Talk, Reddit and Twitter. This is great progress for Bitcoin and we encourage all of you to partake in these public discussions. Because the conversation has moved on, participation in the Bitcoin Foundation Forum will be restricted and the forum will be closed in the coming months. 

A big thank you to all participants, moderators, and members for your contribution to the Bitcoin Foundation Forum. 

Where to from here? Some of you are already Bitcoin Foundation members and we appreciate your support. 

For those who aren't yet members, we recently updated our membership plans:

As a member of The Bitcoin Foundation you will be able to: 

• Participate in the annual planning process for Bitcoin Foundation advocacy and training programs
  • Receive access to exclusive discounts and special offers for foundation and partner events and products
  • Access a dedicated members-only Telegram channel and a monthly newsletter
  • Receive a monthly members-only financial & operational update report from the Executive Director
  • And most importantly change the world!

We look forward to welcoming new members to the Foundation.  

Yours in the service of Bitcoin,

Llew Claasen