4 replies to this topic

#1 Colin Gallagher

Colin Gallagher

Chair, Education Committee; Candidate, Individual Director

• Members
  • Pip
  • 494 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:30 PM

Hello ~ this is a very brief marker and candidate thread for those who have an interest in my candidacy.  It is intended to remain open to take any questions about my candidacy.  (Please direct questions about election specifics, dates, or technicalities to Election Committee or to Bitcoin Foundation Executive Director.)  A reddit thread is not yet open relating to this candidate thread, but will be posted at a later date.

I am currently Member and Chairperson of the Bitcoin Foundation Education Committee, Previous (Feb. 2015) and Current (since Dec. 2015) Candidate, Individual Director, Bitcoin Foundation (Campaigning on Choice for the Users, Bitcoin Development, Privacy & Anonymity).

Thanks for reading.

#2 David R Allen

David R Allen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:32 AM

View PostColin Gallagher, on 05 January 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:

Hello ~ this is a very brief marker and candidate thread for those who have an interest in my candidacy.  It is intended to remain open to take any questions about my candidacy.  (Please direct questions about election specifics, dates, or technicalities to Election Committee or to Bitcoin Foundation Executive Director.)  A reddit thread is not yet open relating to this candidate thread, but will be posted at a later date.

I am currently Member and Chairperson of the Bitcoin Foundation Education Committee, Previous (Feb. 2015) and Current (since Dec. 2015) Candidate, Individual Director, Bitcoin Foundation (Campaigning on Choice for the Users, Bitcoin Development, Privacy & Anonymity).

Thanks for reading.

Colin, there will not be any elections in the near future.
The board has appointed three people.

#3 Colin Gallagher

Colin Gallagher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:15 AM

View PostDavid R Allen, on 06 January 2016 - 12:32 AM, said:

Colin, there will not be any elections in the near future.
The board has appointed three people.

David, I am aware that there will be no elections in the near future.  However, I am a candidate (and was confirmed as a candidate before the appointments were made) and the bylaws (with respect to elections) have not yet changed.  Assuming that condition remains as-is, at some point there will be an election and at that time my candidacy will be more timely.  To emphasize, though, this thread is for me to respond to any questions about my candidacy.  This thread is not for questions about elections process or details, for those questions or concerns, please contact Elections Committee or Executive Director. The principles of my campaign have not changed since I first ran for Individual Director (Jan - Feb 2015).  They remain the same, but I am open to any questions about my candidacy.

#4 David R Allen

David R Allen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:08 PM

Thanks for clarifying.

I would like to know your opinion on having a full audit of the foundation and its activities since inception.

#5 Colin Gallagher

Colin Gallagher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:30 PM

View PostDavid R Allen, on 06 January 2016 - 02:08 PM, said:

Thanks for clarifying.

I would like to know your opinion on having a full audit of the foundation and its activities since inception.

Hi, an audit would be welcomed.  As to the scope of the audit I would have to listen to recommendations of the Board and any auditor selected, for example, would there be a general internal audit approach, or a control self-assessment approach (the latter might be more useful and process oriented).  Given the limitations on funding available, it may be more useful to look at process and how to do things better - with that said, re-organization, re-branding, and re-missioning aren't going to inspire new members or help the organization carry out its existing mission and vision.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bitcoin, foundation, election