Elizabeth Ploshay

Secretary & Board Member/Member of Ed. Committee

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:16 PM

Education Committee,

It has truly been a privilege serving you in the capacity of Chair for the past several months. As I was appointed to serve as interim Chair in October, I was privileged to serve with you longer than expected.

These past few months have been a growing experience for the committee and we have been able to produce quality work. That all said, my Board duties are now consuming more of my time and see it fit now to pass the Chair role to Nikos Bentenitis who has diligently served as Vice Chair. Nikos has been kind enough to accept this offer and additionally commit more time to the committee.

As we are in need of a Vice Chair to fill Nikos’ role, Nikos has appointed Will Pangman and Pamela Morgan to co-team the role.

I still look forward to working with you all and being your liaison on the Board, but also see that Nikos, Will and Pamela will do an excellent job in their new roles.

Thank you all for your hard work and let’s continue to serve the Bitcoin Foundation and Bitcoin community through the Education Committee!

With gratitude,

Elizabeth

#2 Nikos Bentenitis

Nikos Bentenitis

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

Dear all,

It is an honor to be the Chair of the education committee.

In this message I would like to share with you my vision for the committee but first, I would like to thank Elizabeth Ploshay for her leadership and to commend her for the hard work that she has put into it. Elizabeth is, very likely, the hardest working person in the Bitcoin space, and the education committee has reaped the benefits of her dedication. I would also like to thank Charles Hoskinson, the first Chair of the committee for providing a vision that still guides some projects.

As its Chair, I would like the committee to focus on three goals:
  • To continue producing content that members of the general public can turn to for information about Bitcoin and its potential. The committee has already created some high-quality content, and that content will be included in the redesigned Foundation website.
  • To establish relations between the Foundation and academic institutions across the world. Work has already been started in this area with several members of our committee contacting student groups and professor in various colleges and universities. Will Pangman, Pamela Morgan and Harsh Patel have taken the lead and have already made significant progress.
  • To become more decentralized. An example of decentralization includes content creation, that is currently done by a small group of dedicated committee members. Bitcoin and the Foundation would benefit from a broader community participation. Towards that goal, the committee will be testing a system that allows anybody to contribute to the educational material and get appropriate credit for their work.
To help the committee move towards its goals, I have asked two of its talented members to serve as Vice-Chairs: Pamela Morgan and Will Pangman have graciously accepted and they will oversee the establishment of relations with universities (see goal 2 above). I am thankful for their leadership.

Until the education committee receives a permanent home on the redesigned website of the Foundation, please keep checking this forums for ways to get involved in the committee and for updates on our work.

I am looking forward to working with you.

Best,

Nikos Bentenitis

#3 David R Allen

David R Allen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

View PostElizabeth Ploshay, on 19 March 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

Education Committee,

It has truly been a privilege serving you in the capacity of Chair for the past several months. As I was appointed to serve as interim Chair in October, I was privileged to serve with you longer than expected.

Elizabeth,
Thank you for all the work you have done to make this such an effective committee.
So much good work has been done, and so much more to do!

#4 Sandy Ressler

Sandy Ressler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationNorth Potomac, Maryland

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

Oh nooooooo! We will certainly miss you....as a new foundation member it was great to fall into your group ;-)
On the positive side Nikos and I can compare haircuts...Sandy

#5 Colin Gallagher

Colin Gallagher

Chair, Education Committee; Candidate, Individual Director

• Members
  • Pip
  • 468 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

Thank you!

#6 Mike Hayes

Mike Hayes

Zardoz

• Former Member
  • Pip
  • 779 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:20 AM

View PostDavid Allen, on 19 March 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

Elizabeth,
Thank you for all the work you have done to make this such an effective committee.
So much good work has been done, and so much more to do!
Thanks!

#7 Dan Plante

Dan Plante

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 377 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:38 AM

Elizabeth has been driven and tireless. I applaud her efforts.

#8 Cesar Gonzalez

Cesar Gonzalez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationBrisbane - Australia

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

All the Best and thank you Elizabeth.

#9 David R Allen

David R Allen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:40 AM

View PostDan Plante, on 20 March 2014 - 06:38 AM, said:

Elizabeth has been driven and tireless. I applaud her efforts.

May I also commend her on her communications skills.

#10 Charles Hoskinson

Charles Hoskinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:40 AM

Thank you Elizabeth for you excellent work on the committee as chairwoman and welcome Nikos. Dr. Bentenitis is a very good friend of mine and one of the best minds in the cryptocurrency space with years of experience in education. I think he'll do a sublime job moving forward.

#11 Sebastian Lobato Genco

Sebastian Lobato Genco

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

Thank you Elizabeth for all you have done for education and for bringing me on board :)
Congratulation Nikos!