Breaking us in to teams by skill set (in addition to, or rather than, guide title?)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Brian Goss

Brian Goss

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationRochester, MN

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

Just a thought...3 teams makes sense to me:

1) Text team -- the content in outline / numbered bullet style format
2) Graphics team -- make / find graphics & manage licenses; serves the text and layout teams
3) Layout team -- create templates/themes for professional looking documents, assembles output of Text and Graphics teams; submits output to committee for review.

Forgive me if this is been discussed before…

#2 Elizabeth Ploshay

Elizabeth Ploshay

Secretary & Board Member/Member of Ed. Committee

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

View PostBrian Goss, on 18 January 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

Just a thought...3 teams makes sense to me:

1) Text team -- the content in outline / numbered bullet style format
2) Graphics team -- make / find graphics & manage licenses; serves the text and layout teams
3) Layout team -- create templates/themes for professional looking documents, assembles output of Text and Graphics teams; submits output to committee for review.

Forgive me if this is been discussed before…

Definitely makes sense. Can you please send this idea in an email to the committee? We may need to hold off until after our guides are turned in on Tuesday and then we can break down the committee per coming guide into these teams. Let's also discuss this further on the Tuesday night call.

Thanks for the great work and suggestion, Brian!

#3 Allen Majewski

Allen Majewski

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

Bump.

Where do we declare our talents?

Mine are copy editor/technical consult and aren't mentioned above.

#4 Elizabeth Ploshay

Elizabeth Ploshay

Secretary & Board Member/Member of Ed. Committee

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:22 PM

Let's discuss this on tomorrow night's google hangout.

#5 Sandy Ressler

Sandy Ressler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationNorth Potomac, Maryland

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

I'm not that excited about teams in general. I think we had lots of activity a couple of weeks ago and then activity definitely slowed down. Just sayin that if someone is interested to contribute in some way then they should feel free to contribute in whatever way they feel comfortable. In one case I might feel like I have some graphics input, and in other some content, so I don't want to be committed to any one team. However if teams are used to focus activity that that would be a useful idea. As for the teams mentions I'd say keep it simple just 2 teams one for content another for the graphics/layout (since highly related). Anyway talk on the call hopefully.

#6 Cesar Gonzalez

Cesar Gonzalez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationBrisbane - Australia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

I reckon is a good idea. From point A to get to point B you need some direction. Planning teams is a good start.

Cheers.