#21 Elizabeth Ploshay

Elizabeth Ploshay

Secretary & Board Member/Member of Ed. Committee

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

WELCOME!!!  We look forward to working with you!

#22 Sandy Ressler

Sandy Ressler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationNorth Potomac, Maryland

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

Hi All….I’m not sure if I’m “on the committee” but it appears participation means you’re included.

For some reason that is not totally clear to me, in the last 6 months or so,  I’ve become fascinated with bitcoin. I’m a old time computer graphics geek and have had a decent amount of experience with standards of various types. I enjoy trying to explain new technologies to people so I figured this Education group might fit the bill. Hope I can help and contribute. By way of full disclosure my day job is working for the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) doing computer graphics, but my participation here is purely personal and I don’t know anything about all the cybersecurity stuff NIST is involved with.  

There is a decent bio of me at: http://dsp.acm.org/v...lecturer_id=422
and I’ve written a few books on UNIX and electronic publishing so I’m not a total bozo ;-) Hope to try and help on occasion.

#23 Elizabeth Ploshay

Elizabeth Ploshay

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

Sandy,

Please shoot me an email at [email protected] and we can get you connected to joining the committee! Thank you so much for your interest! Keep up the great work team!

Elizabeth

#24 Allen Majewski

Allen Majewski

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:27 AM

I am a 26 year old PhD candidate in physics where I specialize in magnetic resonance.  

I moderate the subreddit /r/cryptomarkets

I author altoidnerd.com

Cryptocurrency. What can you say?  I can't think of a thing more stimulating in every way I like to be stimulated. Programming, mathematics, social dynamics, new economics, and speculative currency trade that is highly profitable. It's ... really nice.

Increased public awareness of cryptography and the issues surrounding our desire for privacy are a natural result of bitcoin's arrival. I sell on localbitcoins not for the 8% markup over bitstamp, but because I have specialized knowledge and skills that I can use to help people understand what is possible. That's exactly what I'd like to do, perhaps for the rest of my life.

#25 Elizabeth Ploshay

Elizabeth Ploshay

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

Allen, Welcome!

#26 Cesar Gonzalez

Cesar Gonzalez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationBrisbane - Australia

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:58 AM

Hi All,

I really hope to be more involved in the Foundation, reason being I am introducing myself to the Committee.

I'm 31 years old RF Engineer with a bachelor degree in Electronics and +6 years experience in Telecommunication world.

I'm from Venezuela currently living in Australia from the past 2 years.

My professional Bio can be found here:

http://www.linkedin..../cesaragonzalez

I came across with Bitcoin late last years and since then I'm really passionate about it. Straight away downloaded a wallet, mining with a BFL (Don't hate me) that I bought from Ebay.

In addition, I am currently running a page about the basics of Bitcoin in Spanish. http://comienza-con-bitcoin.com/

Also, I'm part of the Bitcoin Brisbane meetups which I think is great to get people involved with this new way of thinking about economics.

Finally, I'm not a SME in Cryptography or hardcore developer. But I think I can contribute significantly in the foundation (Hope so)

Cheers.

#27 Elizabeth Ploshay

Elizabeth Ploshay

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:12 AM

Welcome!

#28 Michael Yeung

Michael Yeung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

Hi there,

Check out my intro here, and let me know how I can help:

https://bitcoinfound...s-running-list/

#29 Elizabeth Ploshay

Elizabeth Ploshay

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:56 AM

Michael, excellent! Please feel free to shoot me an email: [email protected] and I will get you signed up.

#30 Brian Koffler

Brian Koffler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

Education Committee Members:

My name is Brian Koffler and i am new to the group - i am excited to join you guys and look forward to working with you. Feel free to check out some of my info at

http://www.linkedin.com/in/bgkoffler

-BK

#31 Elizabeth Ploshay

Elizabeth Ploshay

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:20 PM

Welcome, Brian!

#32 Tim MacIntyre

Tim MacIntyre

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

Hi everyone,

My name is TJ MacIntyre and I am Co-Founder @ CoinTap.com

I have a lengthy history in the DOTCOM environment and have been involved with a few of the internets pioneering companies most notably The Ultimate Collection of Winsock Software (TUCOWS) and Sympatico (now Bell Internet)

As if the internet itself wasnt enough, in steps Bitcoin!

My core interests lie in Bitcoin's usefulness as it applies to micro-payments in particular. I am enthusiastic to work with the foundation committees and I am looking forward to meeting and speaking with everyone involved.

Bye for Now,

-TJ

LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin....tab_profile_pic

#33 Elizabeth Ploshay

Elizabeth Ploshay

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

Welcome, TJ!

#34 Brian Goss

Brian Goss

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationRochester, MN

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

TJ -- welcome...and thank you for TUCOWS!

#35 Chris Yim

Chris Yim

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:42 PM

Hello all!

My name is Chris Yim and I am one of the Co-Founders of Liberty Teller. We placed the first bitcoin kiosk in the USA just under 3 weeks ago and it has been an amazing ride since then. The community has given us an incredible amount of support. We have had several hundred customers purchase bitcoin through our machine, the majority being first timers. Education is central to what we do. We are at the machine every hour it is open educating customers on implications of recent bitcoin news, answering people's questions and discussing the many use cases and value propositions bitcoin provides. I am excited to contribute to this group as we have had hundreds of in-depth conversations with a wide range of demographics (18-70) and think we can provide an on-the-ground perspective of mainstream bitcoin adoption.

Look forward to meeting you all!
Chris

#36 Elizabeth Ploshay

Elizabeth Ploshay

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

Welcome!