• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:12 PM

Education Committee Chair: Nikos Bentenitis
Contact email for Chair: [email protected]
Appointment Date: March 19, 2014

Each Committee Chair is tasked with:
  • Facilitating the committee discussions and conducting the majority of discourse on committee topics on this forum.
  • Managing committee membership and maintaining an updated list of all committee members on this forum.
  • Making recommendations to the board.
  • Provide monthly update to the board and posting update to this thread.
To be included on the committee or if you have questions about the committee, please contact the Committee Chair listed above.

#2 Charles Evans

Charles Evans

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

It is an honor to accept Charles Hoskinson's invitation to join this committee.  In order to avoid namespace clashes, you can refer to me as CWE in these threads.

To learn more about me, you can review my LinkedIn profile or read my mini-biography at Pecuniology.com.

#3 Charles Hoskinson

Charles Hoskinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

I will post a list of Committee members tonight as well as an agenda in a thread in this sub-forum. My apologies for the tardiness, the preparation for the NYC Bitcoin event has delayed me a bit. If anyone is attending Inside Bitcoin on July 30th, then please contact me if you'd like to meet in person.

And Dr. Evans, the honor is all mine for you to join our committee. I look forward to working with you over the coming months.

#4 Brian Goss

Brian Goss

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationRochester, MN

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

Just so I don't forget: BEP package/startup kit (website shell, transcripts for udemy lectures to facilitate translation, bundled apps, talk with Jonathan Mohan (sp?) about how his local groups are set up (best practices, advice,etc).

#5 Charles Hoskinson

Charles Hoskinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostBrian Goss, on 30 July 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

Just so I don't forget: BEP package/startup kit (website shell, transcripts for udemy lectures to facilitate translation, bundled apps, talk with Jonathan Mohan (sp?) about how his local groups are set up (best practices, advice,etc).

In the queue and more, Nikos and I also spoke for some time. Massive update coming soon. Still working through the card backlog I have from the conference.

#6 Jonathan Mohan

Jonathan Mohan

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

It's a pleasure to be a part of this committee and I look forward to growing and bringing together the bitcoin meetup community, should anyone reading this wish to reach me please feel free to do so at [email protected]

#7 Will Pangman

Will Pangman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

I'm thrilled to participate on this committee and can't wait to get involved.  It's been great meeting those of you with whom I've already spoken, and I look forward to introducing and acquainting myself to the rest of the members.  We've got some exciting developments with bitcoin outreach here in the Milwaukee area.  There's a lot of talent in our group, which I'm humbled to have a role in organizing and putting on display.  I'm delighted to have the opportunity to work with and learn from all of you.  I'll be sure to keep the committee up to date on what's working for us here so we can share our bottled lightning with you all too.  Please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected]

#8 John Meese

John Meese

Executive Director, Tennessee Bitcoin Alliance

• Lifetime
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

I believe this forum needs to be unpinned or updated, reflecting Elizabeth Ploshay's appointment as Education Committee Chair.

#9 Brad Wheeler

Brad Wheeler

Admin / Moderator

• Administrators
  • 517 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, United States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

Thanks John - this pinned post has been updated.

#10 Colin Gallagher

Colin Gallagher

Chair, Education Committee; Candidate, Individual Director

• Members
  • Pip
  • 468 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

Glad to be here as a member of the Education Committee.  Looking forward to this collaboration.

#11 Colin Gallagher

Colin Gallagher

Chair, Education Committee; Candidate, Individual Director

• Members
  • Pip
  • 468 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

Here is a blog post which describes what the Education Committee has been up to, the resources that it has developed for you to use, and how you can participate in Education Committee efforts.  The blog post will appear in its final version as of June 13, 2014.