ONE week until #Bitcoin2014! Will you join us?
Register for one of the remaining tickets to join the 800+ investors, technologists, entrepreneurs, academics, developers, financial executives and legal professionals from 49 countries for the most international and influential Bitcoin conference to date!
Here are some exciting announcements and reminders:
- BITCOIN 2014 STARTUP CHALLENGE - 2 AWARDS! / We’re happy to announce that in addition to the US $10,000 award from the Bitcoin Foundation, Ripple Labs is kicking in their own award category: Most Innovative Payment Solution. The prize is the opportunity to pitch CrossCoin Ventures in San Francisco (flight and hotel paid for by Ripple Labs) for a chance to become an incubated company with initial funding and resources to build your company and connections to VCs upon successful “graduation.” In addition, the winner receives 500,000 XRP. We received 64 applications for our Startup Challenge and our teams need a bit more time to review them all. Look for the lucky 8 finalists to be announced on Monday! #KickstartUrStartup
- OUR SPONSORS ROCK / #Bitcoin2014 is brought to you by our awe-inspiring sponsors. Check out the full list on bitcoin2014.com. We also have 40 exhibitors who have taken over both levels at Passenger Terminal Amsterdam! Don’t forget to say ‘hey’ and visit them at their exhibits.
- AMSTERDAM WALKING TOUR / Simon Lelieveldt, Bitcoin 2014 panelist and payments expert, is offering to host a walking tour on the financial history of Amsterdam. Join him on ‘The Currency Road’ on Thurs, 15 May from 10:00am - 12:00pm. Space is limited to 20 people and donations in BTC or cash to his work on the financial history of Amsterdam are welcome. Click here to further read all details of the tour and sign up by emailing: [email protected]
- VOTE NOW FOR THE BLOCKCHAIN AWARDS / We’ve received nearly 1,000 nominations for the first annual #BlockchainAwards and voting is now open! Vote for your top pick through 6pm EST on Sun, 11 May!
|Most Impactful Charity:The Bitcoin Society
|Most Creative Video:Satoshi Pollen/ I am Satoshi
Mycelium - Mycelia in Wonderland (Aaron Koenig)
|Most Informative Podcast:Coinsider This!
Let’s Talk Bitcoin
|Most Influential Investor:Marc Andreessen
|Best ATM Design:Lamassu BTC
CASH 2 BTC
|Most Insightful Journalist:Emily Spaven
|Best Mobile App:Gliph
Mycelium (Megion) Android Wallet
|Bitcoin Legal Expert: Preston Byrne
Tyson P. Cross
|Most Visionary Academic Paper:Ferdinando M. Ametrano
|Bitcoin Champion:Matthew Kenahan
Andreas M. Antonopoulos
- DISCOUNTED HOTEL & AIRFARE / The Movenpick Hotel is completely SOLD OUT. However, our local production company, Local Producers, has set aside additional room blocks at Accor and the Double Tree by Hilton. Discounted airfare can also be found here. OR, pay for your travel and accommodations entirely in bitcoin via btctrip.com, destinia.co.uk, or cheapair.com.
- BITCOIN BOULEVARD AT THE HAGUE / If you arrive in Amsterdam a little early or need a great place to go on Friday night after the #BlockchainAwards or Saturday after the Startup Challenge, get drinks and even dinner at the Hague’s Bitcoin Boulevard! It’s about an hour train ride from Schipol. Here’s how to get there.
- TRAVEL TIPS / Wondering what to pack and which power adapter to bring? Check out mydestination.com and iamsterdam.com for some helpful info!
See you in #Amsterdam!